Jewish Community Center, Chicago IL
Choreographer, September 2016 – December 2016
- Develop and teach choreography for students age 7-12
- Develop and teach ensemble-building curriculum to students
- Coordinate and evaluate curriculum with a team of instructors
- Manage behavioral issues and parental concerns
Popcorn Media, Provo, UT & Wilmette, IL
Instructor, Jun 2009 – August 2015
- Teach acting techniques at numerous week long “Movie Star” and “Music Video Star” camps to kids aged 3-18 at various locations across the country
- Teach music and develop and teach choreography, culminating in a fully realized music video.
- Direct kids in a short film at the culmination of each “Movie Star Camp.”
- Liaison with various host organizations to work out logistical and behavioral issues
PCPA, Santa Maria, CA
Staff Instructor, Jun 2014 – Jul 2014
- Teach choreography for musical theater showcase to 60 kids ages 9-12
- Prepare and implement workshops on acting techniques, movement, Shakespeare, auditions, etc.
- Direct students in several unique showcase presentations
- Coach students on songs, monologues and scenes
Missoula Children’s Theater, Missoula, MT
Tour Actor/Director, Jun 2012 – Aug 2012
- Tour with the largest children’s touring theater in the world on a nine-city itinerary
- Direct 50-60 children ages 5-18 in a hour long musical with 16 hours of rehearsal at each residency
- Teach choreography to young actors in both one-on-one and group situations
- Lead workshops on improvisation, acting technique, stage make-up, etc.
- Oversee the technical and logistical issues, including set assembly, lighting, costumes, and make-up at each residency
Zion Theater Company, Provo, UT
Director, Mar 2013 – Aug 2013
- Teach movement skills and techniques to cast, including Viewpoints and Suzuki
- Create unique movement sequences and choreography in concert with the cast
- Collaborate with producer to hire a Production Team including Assistant Director, Composer, Dramaturg, Costume Designer, Hair and Make-Up Designer, Lighting Designer, Set and Prop Designer and Stage Manager.
- Supervise and coordinate the Production Team to create a unique and unified vision of the play. Evaluate and approve design offers and provide feedback to designers.
- Consult with writer about script changes, and workshop text to create final draft of script.
- Coach actors to create characters that are dynamic, authentic, and deeply engaging
- Establish and administer budgets, creating a marketing campaign, and advertising the show to the public in order to earn a return on investment.